Friday, February 20

The Heart in My Window



It's simple.   

A little wooden heart.

Painted by MY two year old at school.

So simple.

Dressed up with ribbons.

But. .... It's a heart I waited 16 years to receive! 

I love it!  More so, though, I love what it represents.  

God's faithfulness.  

Years of barrenness.  No promise of a child.  Yet a promise that God is big enough.  He hears.  He sees.  He cares.  

Nights of wondering.  

Longing. 

Hoping.  

Praying.  

Wrestling.  

Through those years and in those "nights" I made hearts that were sent home for kitchen windows, oversized paintings for the refrigerator, ornaments for Christmas trees, handprints for Mother's Day, poems for Valentines, and everyday drawings, paintings, and photos.  Years of sending these home with beautiful children in my prek classes.  Years of coming home to a barren, sleek, stainless steel refrigerator and no hearts in the window.  

Yet, in those nights God gave peace. Perfect peace that His plan was best (whatever that might look like).  

Best.  Best.  Best.  

"Trust me," He said.  

Wait.  

Not now.  

Maybe never.  

Maybe one day.  

Then...unexpected. A big God. A big gift. His faithfulness. His plan. His time. A child. My womb. And now a heart in the window.

God, I praise you for life. I praise you for peace, contentment, and joy in the waiting. I praise you for being enough no matter the outcome.  I praise you for AG and for AE and for the 16 years of waiting.  You taught me much.  Thank you for investing in me during those 16 years.  Give grace to those still waiting.  Amen

3 comments: